Duration: Three days
In order to maximize the chances of success of any development program, it is important that all stake holders, understand the various aspects of managing a project. This Project Cycle Management Course is designed to impart practical skills and knowledge, confidence related to the conceptualization, planning, implementation, management and evaluation of community projects.
The course is designed to help participants
- Understand institutional aspects of project conceptualization and management
- Learnways to design, implement, monitor, evaluate and mainstream projects,
- Understand the PCM approach and how to use it to design and implement projects,
- Identify and test mainstreaming opportunities,
- Learn how to build a logical framework to link the different stages and put all the main elements into a simple plan
- To design an effective monitoring and evaluation tool to enable them track and report results,
- Understand some best practice techniques for project management
Emphasis is on Practical skills. Plenary presentation & Group Work with the use of templates, and practical tools will be supplemented with Knowledge Transfer Activities that each participant will develop and implement in their work. After-Training, follow-up and remedial coaching will be offered to interested participants and organizations on request.
The course is suitable for program managers, project officers and their assistants, planning, monitoring and evaluation officers, research/action officers, community facilitators from NGOs,
CBOs, and individuals interested in working in the development sector.
The course fee is or USD 650 + VAT per participant. Fees cover tuition, training material and certificate of participation. If a participant requires accommodation, PRASOL is willing to help organize accommodation at the participant’s cost. Please note that the fees do not cover airfares, local transport or per diem.We offer a 10% discount to organizations that send 2 or more participants for the same training